The Order of Canada recognizes people in all sectors of society. You can nominate:
- Any living Canadian for admission into the Order. However, elected officials and judges are not eligible to be appointed while in office.
- Non-Canadians who have made an extraordinary contribution to Canadian life.
- An existing member of the Order to be promoted to a higher level within the Order. Promotions are only considered five years after the initial appointment.
- A candidate who has been previously considered but not appointed to the Order of Canada. Usually, a new nomination can be submitted five years after the last one was made. Contact us if you think this applies to your candidate.
- There are no posthumous appointments.