Once you have submitted this form, a staff member will contact you to obtain the documents listed below and required to open your file.
(1) Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence
A copy of at least one of the following documents:
- Birth certificate (issued by a provincial or territorial government)
- Certificate of Indian Status or Secure Certificate of Indian Status (both sides)
- Canadian passport identification page
- Canadian citizenship certificate or card (both sides)
- Valid Canadian permanent resident card (both sides)
Note: Please ensure that the document bears the name that you wish to see used in the grant of heraldic emblems.
A summary of your education, work experience and community service, including dates and locations
(3) If applicable, documents for your descendants
For each descendant for whom you are requesting a cadet shield, a copy of:
- A completed application form for descendants (only available as a PDF)
- Their government-issued birth certificate (long form, indicating the names of their parents)
Note: If they use a name that is different from the name shown on their birth certificate, please provide documentation indicating the change.