This educational package is designed to:
- Be used in a classroom program for students ages 9 to 13, to connect to subjects such as history, art, geography and English.
- Allow students to explore aspects of their identity, both as individuals and as members of a group.
- Explore how coats of arms were used in the Middle Ages and are being used in modern-day Canada.
- Demonstrate the importance of history as it relates to society and to world events.
- Encourage students to develop skills related to research, listening, creativity, artistic design, public speaking and group work.