May 24, 2022
Ottawa, Ontario—Members of the media are invited to Rideau Hall to cover a presentation of honours ceremony, during which Her Excellency the Right Honourable Mary Simon, Governor General of Canada, will present honours to 21 deserving individuals.
Recipients will be recognized for their innovation, compassion, courage, excellence or exceptional dedication to service with one of the following honours: the Order of Canada, a Meritorious Service Decoration (Civil Division), a Decoration for Bravery or a Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers.
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Rideau Hall Ballroom
Notes to media:
- To guarantee your access to the ceremony, we ask that you please confirm your attendance with the Rideau Hall Press Office at email@example.com.
- Media are asked to arrive at the Princess Anne Entrance no later than 10:45 a.m. on the day of the ceremony.
- Please note that masks are mandatory.
- Photos of the ceremony taken by the Governor General’s official photographer will be made available upon request.
- The Rideau Hall Press Office will gladly coordinate interviews with the recipients after the ceremony.
- Encouraging excellence is at the core of every governor general’s mandate.
- The Order of Canada is one of our country’s highest honours and recognizes individuals who make extraordinary contributions to the nation.
- The Meritorious Service Decorations (Civil Division) recognize individuals who have performed a deed at a very high standard, bringing honour to Canada. These deeds range from advocacy initiatives or fundraising campaigns to providing services to local communities.
- The Decorations for Bravery celebrate courageous individuals who have risked their lives in order to try to save someone in imminent danger.
- The Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers recognizes the exceptional volunteer achievements of individuals, and pays tribute to their dedication and commitment.
- Anyone can nominate a person for a Canadian honour. Each nomination is researched before being reviewed by an independent advisory committee or council, which then makes recommendations to the governor general. For more information, visit https://www.gg.ca/en/honours/canadian-honours.
Rideau Hall Press Office