April 19, 2022
OTTAWA, Ontario—Members of the media are invited to Rideau Hall to cover the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers ceremony, during which Her Excellency the Right Honourable Mary Simon, Governor General of Canada, will present the medal to 23 deserving individuals.
Recipients will be recognized for their exceptional dedication to community service. It is the highest honour for volunteer service that an individual can receive within the Canadian Honours System.
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2022
Time: 11 a.m.
Location: Rideau Hall Ballroom
Notes to media:
- To guarantee your access to the ceremony, we ask that you please confirm your attendance with the Rideau Hall Press Office at email@example.com.
- Media are asked to arrive at the Princess Anne Entrance no later than 10:45 a.m. on the day of the ceremony.
- Please note masks are mandatory.
- Photos of the ceremony taken by the Governor General’s official photographer will be made available upon request.
- The Rideau Hall Press Office will gladly coordinate interviews with the recipients after the ceremony.
The Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers
The medal recognizes the exceptional volunteer achievements of Canadians from across the country in a wide range of fields, and pays tribute to the dedication and commitment of volunteers. For more information, visit www.gg.ca/en/honours/canadian-honours/sovereigns-medal-volunteers.
Rideau Hall Press Office