Member of the Order of Canada
- Awarded on: June 21, 1982
- Invested on: October 20, 1982
He is a Cree who served the Anglican Church from 1934 to 1965 as missionary priest and educator. Always upholding the rights of Native people, he served in the 1970s as president of the Manitoba Indian Brotherhood and later as adviser to the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development. After 1980, he lectured on Indian languages at the Saskatchewan Indian Federation College of the University of Regina.