Each year, the Governor General attends special events, ceremonies and celebrations across the country. If you would like her to attend your event, you can invite her by writing a letter (addressed to the Governor General) that includes the following information:
- background information on the event and/or organization
- the date and time of the event (and whether these are flexible), as well as the venue
- the number of people expected to participate
- the role you would like the Governor General to play, if any (e.g., speech, award presentation, etc.)
- name and telephone number of a contact person
Keep in mind that Her Excellency's programs are planned five to six months in advance.
Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette
Governor General of Canada
c/o Program Planning
1 Sussex Drive
In order to avoid duplicates, please choose only one method to submit your request.
All invitations are reviewed by a program officer, who will contact you if any further information is needed. Invitations are then presented to Her Excellency and decisions are made based on her availability, confirmed program of engagements, travel requirements and other factors.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Planning section through firstname.lastname@example.org.