Saturday, September 26, 2015
from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Free admission and activities
Join Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston for a harvest celebration at Rideau Hall.
- Enjoy culinary creations prepared by the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade and leading chefs from across the region, with the assistance of local culinary students.
- Tour the private gardens and greenhouses and get gardening tips from National Capital Commission horticultural experts.
- Explore the residence and get tips from the Governor General’s hospitality experts on how to receive guests for special occasions.
- Meet local producers and agricultural groups and taste samples of their products.
- Participate in fun children’s activities: face painting, storytime and crafts.
- Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
- Make it a giving moment by bringing your non-perishable food items donations for the Ottawa Food Bank.
All activities will take place rain or shine.
Free off-site parking will be available on the streets in the surrounding neighbourhood and at the National Research Council Canada (100 Sussex Drive, within walking distance of the residence). Limited parking for persons with mobility impairment will be available on the Rideau Hall grounds via Princess Gate.
This event is presented in collaboration with:
- Algonquin College
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canadian Culinary Federation–Ottawa Branch, with Chef Russell Weir of Algonquin College
- Canadian Organic Growers–Growing Up Organic
- Causeway–Krackers Katering
- Centre professionnel et technique Minto
- La Cité collégiale
- Hidden Harvest Ottawa
- Main Farmers’ Market
- National Arts Centre with Executive Chef John Morris
- National Capital Commission
- Operation Come Home–FarmWorks
- Ottawa Children’s Garden with Let’s Talk Science
- Ottawa Farmers’ Market
- Ottawa Food Bank
- Parliament Hill with Executive Chef Judson Simpson
- Soup Sisters and Broth Brothers
- Les Toques Blanches Ottawa with Executive Chef Kenton Leier of the Westin Ottawa
For more information, contact us by phone at 613-991-4422 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.