Saturday, September 23, 2017
from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Free admission and activities
Join Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, and Mrs. Sharon Johnston for a harvest celebration at Rideau Hall.
- Taste culinary delights prepared by the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade and leading chefs from across the region, with the assistance of local culinary students.
- Tour the kitchen gardens, private gardens and greenhouses, and get gardening tips frim the National Capital Commission horticultural experts.
- Explore the residence's State Rooms and get tips from the Governor General’s hospitality experts on how to receive guests for special occasions.
- Meet with local producers and agricultural groups, and taste samples of their products.
- Participate in fun children’s activities: face painting and crafts; and
- Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
- Make it a giving moment by bringing your non-perishable food donations for the Ottawa Food Bank.
All activities will take place rain or shine.
Visitors are encouraged to walk or to use public transportation or taxis to get to Rideau Hall. Limited free parking will be available on the streets in the surrounding neighbourhood. Limited parking for mobility-impaired guests will be available on the Rideau Hall grounds via Princess Gate.
For more information, contact us by phone at 613‑991‑4422 or by email at email@example.com.
This event is presented in collaboration with:
- Chef Jacques-Michel Bartura, with students from the Minto Professional and Technical Centre’s FOCUS and co-op culinary arts programs, and from
Collège catholique Samuel-Genest
- Mr. Stephen Beckta, owner of Beckta, Play Food & Wine and Gezellig, with the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa
- Chef Cory Haskins, with culinary arts students from Algonquin College
- Chef Ikuo Kanbayashi, with members of the Canadian Ice Carvers Society
- Culinary arts students from La Cité collégiale
- Chef Janik Quintal, with members of
The Canadian Culinary Federation
- Chef Ric Watson, with students from the Ottawa Mission’s food service training program
- Chef Mark van der Pas, with members of
Les Toques Blanches Ottawa
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canada’s Capital Greenbelt Farms
- Canadian Organic Growers – Growing Up Organic
- Hidden Harvest Ottawa
- Main Farmers’ Market
- National Capital Commission
- Operation Come Home’s FarmWorks and FoodWorks Social Enterprises
- Ottawa Children’s Garden with Let’s Talk Science
- Ottawa Food Bank
- Parkdale Food Centre’s Growing Futures and Thirteen: A Social Enterprise
- Safer Roads Ottawa Program
- USC Canada