Saturday, September 10, 2016
from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Free admission and activities
Join Their Excellencies the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada,
and Mrs. Sharon Johnston for a harvest celebration at Rideau Hall.
- Enjoy culinary creations prepared by the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade and leading chefs from across the region, with the assistance of local culinary students.
- Tour the private gardens and greenhouses, and get gardening tips from National Capital Commission horticultural experts.
- Explore the residence and get tips from the Governor General’s hospitality experts on how to receive guests for special occasions.
- Meet with local producers and agricultural groups, and taste samples of their products.
- Participate in fun children's activities: face painting, storytime and crafts.
- Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
Make it a giving moment by bringing your non-perishable food donations for Moisson Outaouais and the Ottawa Food Bank.
All activities will take place rain or shine.
Access to Rideau Hall and Parking
Due to ongoing construction on-site, public access to Savour Fall will be via the Sussex, Thomas or Mackay pedestrian gates only. Parking is available on the surrounding streets.
Only members of the public with mobility restrictions will be permitted to access the grounds via the Princess Gate. Please contact us in advance to reserve, as a limited number of parking spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This event is presented in collaboration with:
- Chef Jacques-Michel Bartura and students from the Minto Professional and Technical Centre’s Focus and Coop culinary arts programme
- Chef Cory Haskins with culinary arts students of Algonquin College
- Chef Claude Leblond and members of the Canadian Culinary Federation (CCFCC)
- Chef Kenton Leier of the Westin Hotel Ottawa and members of Les Toques Blanches Ottawa Chef Wayne Murphy and culinary students from La Cité collégiale
- Chef Ric Watson and his food service training students from the Ottawa Mission
- Culinary students from Relais de la Lièvre-Seigneurie, of Buckingham
- Apiculture Gatineau
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Canada’s Capital Greenbelt Farms
- Hidden Harvest Ottawa
- Main Farmers’ Market
- Moisson Outaouais
- National Capital Commission
- Operation Come Home’s FarmWorks and FoodWorks Social Enterprises
- Ottawa Children’s Garden with Let’s Talk Science
- Ottawa Farmers’ Market
- Ottawa Food Bank
- USC Canada
For more information, contact us by phone at 613-991-4422 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.