Looking for a free, fun activity to do with the kids this summer? Come and enjoy Storytime at Rideau Hall!
From June 25 to August 20, this outdoor reading activity is hosted in collaboration with Frontier College, a Canadian non-profit organization that promotes literacy.
Every Friday and Saturday, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Frontier College volunteers invite the general public, families and youth groups to settle in under the Reading Tent to read books and to participate in fun literacy activities.
While you are at Rideau Hall, take in the sights and visit for the whole day! We have a wide array of free activities offered on-site during the summer:
- Stop by the Visitor Centre and learn more about the history of Rideau Hall.
- Enjoy the play structure and explore the grounds at your leisure.
- Have a picnic! Bring your own lunch and blanket and settle in under a tree or at one of our picnic tables.
- Witness the pageantry and colour of the Ceremonial Guard during the hourly Relief of the Sentries.
- Explore the official residence of the Governor General with our guides and discover the historic treasures in the public rooms by playing our Search + Discover game!
Make your time with us memorable!
For more information, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-991-4422 or 1-866-842-4422 (toll-free).
Rideau Hall is a working residence
and official events may require unforeseen changes to your visit.