The health and safety of Canadians are of the utmost importance to the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General (OSGG).
As such, we are in continuous contact with the Public Health Agency of Canada, as well as with local officials, for the latest advice and guidance concerning the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that the tour schedule and site capacity may be modified to respect current public health measures.
Beginning June 24, 2021, all visitors must follow the measures in place:
Before your visit:
- If you or a member of your group has any symptoms of COVID-19, please postpone your visit.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn during your visit.
- Guided tours of the Residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Québec are offered to groups of up to 12 people.
- School groups may visit depending on the public health guidelines in effect at the time of the booking.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the residence and in designated waiting areas.
- Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained throughout the tour.
- Hands must be washed upon entering the Citadelle and sanitized upon entering the residence. Hand sanitizing stations are also available at several locations throughout the residence.
- Directions given by employees and posted signage must be followed.
We appreciate your assistance in protecting our employees and other visitors and helping to make the governor general’s residence a safe place for everyone.