Medal and/or Ribbon Replacement

The Chancellery of Honours is the government body responsible for the administration and issuing of national orders, decorations and medals. If you have accidentally misplaced or damaged a medal or ribbon related to a national honour, we can be of service. Please provide the following information:

  • the full name of the recipient;
  • the name of the insignia they received (i.e. Order of Canada);
  • the year they received the honour;
  • the residential address and contact information (of the recipient or next-of-kin)
  • the name of nominator (if known);
  • the service number (if military)
  • the reason for replacement

Please send all of the above requested information to We will contact you if any additional information is required, as well as with replacement costs, if applicable.