Groups must make reservations in advance by calling 613-991-4422 or 1-866-842-4422 (toll-free). We can then book your reservation depending on the availability of the residence and the official events schedule. You can also reach us by fax at 613-993-1656, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the online form.
Admission is free. Educational tours are also available.
Residence Tour Schedule
Guided tours for groups are offered year-round by reservation only. Our hours of operation are as follows:
- September to April: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- May and June: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- July and August: at 9 a.m.
- July and August: self-guided tours, no reservation required, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tours are offered on statutory holidays from May to October.
Tours are not offered on Remembrance Day, throughout the holiday season, or over the Easter long weekend. Please note that the guided tour schedule may vary in case of official events.
Grounds Tour Schedule
The grounds are open daily from 8 a.m. until one hour before sunset. We have two ways for you to discover the grounds:
- Take a guided tour with one of our tour guides, from May to October, daily, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - reservation required;
- Pick up a self-guided tour brochure at either entrance (the Thomas Gate, off Sussex Drive, or the Mackay Gate, off Mackay Street), and explore the grounds at your leisure, following the interpretive panels along the paths.
- The Visitor Centre is open from May to October.
- Washrooms are available at the Visitor Centre, located on Thomas Street.
- There is a bus drop-off located on Princess Avenue.
- There are picnic tables and play structure for children.
- Wheelchairs are available on-site (please let us know in advance if your group has any special needs).
Directions, address and bus lay-by
Rideau Hall is a working residence
and official events may require unforeseen changes to your visit.