Individuals need to send:
- The Application Form;
- A proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency:
- A copy of your government-issued birth certificate, indicating the names of your parents, with a certified translation if the original is in a language other than English or French. (If you use a name that is different from the name shown on your birth certificate, please provide documentation supporting the change.)
- If you were not born in Canada, also attach a copy of at least one of the following:
- Canadian citizenship card (both sides)
- Canadian passport identification page
- Canadian permanent resident certificate
- A current biographical sketch or resumé containing information on your work and educational background, as well as your voluntary and community service.
Organizations need to send:
- A copy of a resolution of by the organization’s governing body approving the request for a grant of heraldic emblems;
- A copy of the document by which the organization was incorporated (or otherwise legally established) in Canada, including the date and, if applicable, the organization’s name in English and French;
- Background information on the organization’s history and an outline of its current activities;
- A recent annual report or financial records.