May 18, 2018
Presentation Ceremony of the
Governor General’s Innovation Awards
OTTAWA—During Canadian Innovation Week, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, will preside over the Governor General’s Innovation Awards ceremony at Rideau Hall, on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at 10:30 a.m.
The awards will be presented to the following six winners in recognition of their exceptional work.
- Tom Chau -Toronto, Ontario
- First Nations Finance Authority - Westbank, British Columbia
- Mary Gordon - Toronto, Ontario
- Kamran Khan - Toronto, Ontario
- Gary Kobinger and Xiangguo Qiu - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Terry-Lynn Young, Sean Connors, Kathleen Hodgkinson and Daryl Pullman (Memorial University of Newfoundland Research Team) - St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
For more information about the awards, visit innovation.gg.ca. For more information about the inaugural Canadian Innovation Week, which is being held from May 22 to 31, 2018, visit canadianinnovationspace.ca/innovation-week/.
Media wishing to cover the event are asked to confirm their attendance with
the Rideau Hall Press Office, and must arrive at the Princess Anne Entrance
no later than 10:15 a.m. on the day of the ceremony.
Rideau Hall Press Office
Follow GGJuliePayette and RideauHall on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.